Ergonaut VS Virko
- Date: 28. September, 2022 Location: Planet Southcentre, Braingames City outskirts, Tabletop Ruins
- Scrambled vox communication of fierce military conflict between Tau and Necron forces on Planet Southcentre was intercepted by Astrates strike cruiser Sanguine Tear under the command of Blood Angels librarian Tebaldus Furandro. Closest to said planet, he commanded the vessel to make haste to reach orbit as fast as possible. Upon arrival Tebaldus took a small team to the surface to scout and secure landing sites for the main forces for later arrival. They landed near Braingames City where the Tau/Necron conflict had taken place to scout and secure the LZ´s from where, together with the main force, the plan was to take the city and eliminate any foes left.
- Upon arrival, to his surprise, a Adeptus Mehanicus patrol was sighted at the designated LZ area – the librarian was annoyed, he was like that often. In his heavy terminator armor Tebaldus stomped over to the vox station and tried to get through to AdMech patrol. * This is Librarian Tebaldus Furandro. Commander of Sanguine Tear and wrath of our God-Emperor himself. If you do not vacate the area in the next….7 minutes. We will make you do it by force*
- With every second he got more and more frustrated as the vox comms just gave static until clicks were heard as someone finally responded. * 010101010101010101010001010101010100101010101010101010110 – insert Mechanicus noises here*
- The librarian was pissed. WHAT! SPEAK PLAINLY YOU FILTH OF MARS.I HAVE NO TIME FOR YOUR TOASTER NONSENSE After some more static a voice spoke through the vox. * Something below the surface has awakened with a sufficient percentage of possibility to be valuable technology. Our course is clear. We will not move until the excavations are complete. If His Will be done, let it be done quickly – Neodogmatics 71.90* Tebaldus cut off the vox call and turned to his brothers. * They will not move. Now they will die*
- As Astrates forces were taking positions to strike and assuming AdMech to take a defensive position, they were up for a surprise. The Cult of Mars took action and went on the offensive instead. Metallic horses galloped towards them guns blazing killing some assault intercessors who did not make it behind cover on time. Blood Angle Eradicators returned fire with their melta rifles mowing down one valiant steed as others managed to escape behind a mountain. Sanguinary Guard took flight and descending from heavens they planned to chase the pesky riders but after spotting a more formidable target, they charged into that looked like a band of Rangers and cut down the whole unit with savage swings by their majestic swords. Little did they know that soon they were in sights of several units and they found their end on top of the bodies of dead Rangers. Pierced by thousands of rounds. Sicarian Infiltrators and an Ironstrider have sneaked up on the right flank while using cover to hide their intentions.
- Eradicators and the Librarian repositioned to take on the right flank, leaving the wounded assault intercessors to hold down an LZ hoping for quick reinforcements soon as the enemy had overwhelming numbers and firepower. Eradicators sighted the pesky infiltrator unit and opened fire, missing all shots. Enraged by the incompetence, Tebaldus rushed past his men to make a sneak attack on the enemy Marshal. Eradicators were now taking fire from the north and getting charged by the infiltrators from the east – future looked grim. Remaining assault intercessors moved in to help their brothers but with little effect. As the marines were trying to hold their own against such force, Tebaldus jumped out from a shrubbery behind a hill and threw out some fancy Librarian magic at the Marshal who took many wounds leaving him in pieces but alive and kicking.
- Furios of his powers not killing the enemy leader, the librarian unloaded his rage at the Ironstrider nearby who was trying to take shots at him. Missing the shots, Tebaldus took his staff and bonked the strider into oblivion. As he climbed on top of the smoking ruin of the Ironstrider, mechanicus forces moved in and shot him into hundreds of fleshy bits. Eradicators and remaining intercessors were cut to pieces by Sicarian Infiltrators and what was left of them, died in the hail of bullets that blackened the sky.
- By the time any reinforcements made it to the alleged LZ site, all they found were the ruined carcasses of their fallen brothers. The Cult of Mars was long gone by then with their precious tech found deep underground and as we all know, there is no certainty in flesh but death.